Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bonding With the Beast



Today I spent several hours in my new (to me) motorhome, cleaning and dreaming and scheming and trying things out.

I figured out a few things today. I'm definitely going to need some strong people to remove the charming but useless (to me) built-in bucket chairs and teeny game table.

Then I'll need someone to help me build more practical seating and a table (booth style, with storage benches and convertible to an extra bed), plus a worktable/storage unit to replace the couch. This arrangement seems (to me) like it would be pretty simple to build--almost all straight lines--and it will give me adequate storage and workspace to continue making my living as a self-employed eBay seller and artist while I travel. That's the theory, anyway! I won't be the first to give this a try, and I'm sure I won't be the last. I just hope I am one of the folks who makes it work.

I also found out today that I'll need big strong people to remove the carpet, if I decide to have that done. It's really glued down. I tried taking a utility knife to it and pulling it away from the plywood with little success. I wanted a blowtorch to loosen up the old glue, but that's probably not the best approach to solving this problem.

I may decide to just use throw rugs, Gypsy style, over the carpet. I'll probably be giving the interior of my rig a pretty eclectic look, anyway. I'll definitely be doing away with the brown plaidness. There will be blues and greens (my favorite colors) and I'm thinking that a Toyota Dolphin oughta have a dolphin/surf/beach type decor. Am I right?

Of course, the most important part of this remodel is to get a good workable space for full-time RVing...but scheming on interior decor in a tiny space is like playing house and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment