Friday, November 5, 2010

YouTube to the Rescue!

Until today, my main use for YouTube was just entertainment...you know, watching fun stuff like Lady Gaga covers sung by a choreographed men's chorus, for example.

But somehow today I ran across a treasure trove of YouTube films on how to do all the stuff I don't know how to do with my RV! How to empty the graywater (dish water, sink and shower water, etc.) and blackwater (the toilet), how to maintain a generator, how to drive safely, etc. It's all there! I never had any idea that there were such educational things on YouTube.

Now when I want to start learning something, I'm not going to just use a search engine. I'll flesh out my search by seeing whether anyone has put a primer type film on YouTube. This is a great way to learn, especially for someone like me who is a visual learner. I have such a hard time reading dense texts about technical stuff, but show me what to do and I've got it!

Here's an entertaining film made by a young man who's very expressive about blackwater:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPTFzyaItoc&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment